In this Medifast review article we look at the Medifast meal replacement programs to lose weight.
All of these different programs help to reduce caloric intake by providing ready made pre-packaged meals purchased from each company. Medifast offers a good selection of meals to choose from and uses what they call the Five and One plan.
Five meals are chosen from over 70 different choices, ranging from shakes, soups, stews, chili, brownies, soft serve, to pancakes. The sixth meal Lean and Green, is a generous serving of lean protein and a few servings of non-starchy vegetables. They give you the option of when to eat it, either for dinner or at a time of your choosing.
There are several plans to choose from with Medifast, since healthy weight loss is not a one size fits all equation.
- For Women
- For Men
- For Diabetes - This plan offers varying amounts of carbohydrates and calories to keep nutrition in balance and help you lose weight safely.
- Specialty Plans - These are plans for Teens, Seniors, Nursing Mothers, People with Gout, Bariatrics, Anticoagulants, Vegetarians, and for Celiac Disease and Gluten Sensitivity.
- Transition Plan - After meeting the weight loss goal this plan aims to gradually increase caloric intake over time, introducing a wider variety of foods.
- Maintenance Plan - This plan is designed to help maintain a healthy weight once weight loss goals are met.
Each plan is offered in a two or four week package, or an enhanced four week package.
At the time of writing this article, the two week package offers 70 servings per kit at a price of $162.50. Each four week package offers 143 servings per kit. The normal four week package will cost you $315.00, and the enhanced four week package will run $341.50. The enhanced package offers a heart health nutritional supplement adding a powerful boost to the weight loss program using two daily capsules offering fatty acids, fish oil, and flaxseed oil. There is no difference in price between the men's, women's, and diabetes packages.
Medifast member benefits:
- Free standard shipping on qualifying orders
- Free 56 Medifast Meals - 28 with this order, and 28 with your second order ($132.00 value)
- Free Blender Bottle
- Free Online meal planner and support community
- 5% off your third and future Medifast Advantage orders
What is it that makes Medifast work?
Medifast is well, fast. The Five in One plan has clinical results proving that on the Five and One plan you can lose up to two to five pounds a week. Medifast is also considered safe; it has been recommended by over 20,000 doctors since 1980 and used by over one million people. Its low-glycemic index formula will even work with those who have type 2 diabetes.
Medifast is simple, with many people boasting about the main reason they have lost weight is due to its simplicity. Perfect for those who have a busy lifestyle with portable, pre-portioned meals that are ready to eat, or mix up with water in seconds. Simply eat every two to three hours for a total of five Medifast meals and one of their Lean and Green meals every day. Medifast meals are satisfying and since you eat every two to three hours you don't get the hunger pains that would compel one to cheat. With the additional support Medifast has to offer you always have someone to talk to, and studies show that personalized support is a major factor for weight loss success.