In this Optifast review we take look at the benefits of the Optifast diet and more.
Optifast programs have been created by years of research and results. They have, over time, noticed certain things that help people to succeed in weight loss goals. Optifast is only available through health care professionals trained in the Optifast system and only after you have been through a screening process.
Optifast is an all liquid diet and is intended for those who are extremely overweight and have dangers to their health due to being overweight. If you are looking to only lose up to 20 pounds than this program is not for you! Medical supervision with Optifast, uses physicians to make sure weight loss is done safely, along with lifestyle education, counseling, and ongoing support help to ensure safe and effective weight loss.
Optifast programs will generally take 26 weeks. The Optifast program will consist of three different phases. Phase one, an active weightloss phase, lasts 12 weeks and utilizes full meal replacement with Optifast products. Phase two is a transistion phase where you will gradually switch to eating regualr self prepared meals. The final phase is simply a long-term weight management phase that helps you to keep the weight off.
Optifast has no set price for the program, prices will vary due to location, clinic, and programs. Optifast however, offers a free, no obligation consultation that will usually take around one hour. If you are interested in Optifast you can visit their website to find a clinic near you.
Optifast results will vary of course, but most patients have seen losses over 50 pounds in 5 to 6 months!
Several products offered through the Optifast plan include:
- Optifast 800 Ready To Drink Shakes: These shakes come in Chocolate, Vanilla, and Strawberry. These shakes are a full meal replacement and offer 160 calories, 14 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbohydrates, 470 milligrams of Potassium, 220 milligrams of Sodium, and 3 grams of Fat. Ready To Drink Shakes are Lactose free.
- Optifast 800 Shake Mix: Comes in the same flavors and the same amount of nutrients as the ready to drink shakes. Shake mixes do contain Lactose, anywhere from 8 to 12 grams.
- Optifast 800 Soup Mix: Offered as a hot meal replacement and can be used during any phase of the weight loss plan. Hearty and Zesty Garden Tomato and Creamy Chicken are flavors offered and have 160 to 170 Calories, 14 grams of Protein, 19 to 20 grams of Carbohydrates, 450 to 700 milligrams of Potassium, 600 to 620 milligrams of Sodium, and 3 to 4 grams of fat, and less than 1 gram of Lactose.
- Optifast 800 Bar: These bars come in three different flavors. Yogurt covered berry, peanut butter chocolate, and a plain chocolate all offer a good source of fiber and help to satisfy the sweet tooth. Calories come in at 160 to 170, 14 grams of Protein, 19 to 21 grams of Carbohydrates, 4 grams of Fiber, 350 to 360 milligrams of Potassium, 140 to 190 milligrams of Sodium, and less than a gram of Lactose.
- Nutrisource Fiber: A mix you can add directly to your favorite food or beverages to add and additional 3 grams of fiber without changing taste or texture.
- Beniprotein Instant Protein Powder: A mix of protein that can be added to different foods and drinks that ads an extra 6 grams of protein without changing taste.
Optifast has also reached out to help those patients that have undergone, or are going to undergo different weight loss surgeries by offering programs and products to them.
- Optifast HP Shake: Ideal for patients before and after bariatric surgery and come in Vanilla or Chocolate. Calories are 200, Protein at 26 grams, Carbohydrates at 10 grams, 0 Fiber, 800 milligrams of Potassium, 480 milligrams of Sodium, and 10 grams of Fat.
- Optisource High Protein Drink: Offering 24 grams of high-quality protein designed to help maintain muscle tissues after bariatric surgery.